Monday, October 19, 2009

Big news....

I. Am. Employed.

EMPLOYED!!!!!!!!!!

Empleado! Entre au service! Impiegato! Bei einer Firma arbieten!!!!

I shall work here:




I'm so thrilled with the company (The Ritz Carlton) and even more thrilled with my new position (guest recognition coordinator.)

The Ritz Carlton is unique in that they have a guest relations department--a group of people employed exclusively to speak with guests before, during and after their stay, and to make them feel welcome on a far more personal note than a basket of fruit waiting in their room.

I suppose it's hard to hide that I like talking and that I'm generally super smiley when I do it. This, coupled with creative thinking about how to make guests feel welcome, and also some writing of letters and marketing materials, will be my job.

I'm so stoked.

I've worked for the company before, and I loved it. Learned a lot about dealing with people. And I met some pretty awesome people through the Ritz in Vail. Also, they're amazing about promoting from within--movin' up the ol' totem poll--hopefully to PR or marketing one of these days.

Orientation's not until November 4.

That gives me a couple more weeks to revel in the leisure that has been my life for the past couple months....

Peace out, Craigslist. Your services are no longer needed :)

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! quitting Craigslist is the best perk of finding a job. enjoy the rest of your funemployment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOO! Totally sweet. Perhaps I shall visit and we can drink at the Ritz bar.

    ...or any other dingy Irish pub of your choice.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Andy! So happy it worked out for you. I am pretty sure you will never get tired of your view. Beats my overlook of the parking lot, I can tell you that.

    Love ya lots!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy, this was the perfect opportunity to text me "1." nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-hoo! I've been thinking of booking a night here for my anniversary in December. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! Way to go Ands, glad the Ritz Carlton smartened up and hired you on! oh yea, and the views aren't half bad, nothing like the opaque window we have or anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Andy! I'm glad to hear the offer was for the job you wanted, not the one they were trying to sell you on! Hopefully we'll be able to come visit you at work someday...what a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys!
    I'm so excited too!

    I'm trying to differentiate my family's excitement for my job and their excitement towards the family discount :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Andy! That is awesome that you get to work at such a swanky place and quite the view! Wow, it beats my windowless office that I share with 2 other people :) I am sure there will be great stories to come, can't wait to hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andy Congrats!! I just asked Franny if you there was any news on the job front and she sent me the link and said that you have the best view ever. As soon as I saw the pictures I knew it was in Half Moon Bay - that Ritz is like a 10 minute walk from Jarrett's mom's house - we have walked there both times we went to visit and we even chatted over one of their fire pits last time (don't tell)!! What a beautiful place to work everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS ANDY! Sounds like a position that you will be brilliant at!

    ReplyDelete