Monday, March 14, 2011

Good news!


We have a venue we've decided to commit to. Whew, that took longer than I would have liked, but we're very happy with our 3-month-long decision.

Even better news:

I found a wedding dress!

Kind of.

I found it online.

And there are two small problems with what has quickly become my day in-day out dress obsession (it's true: I watch wedding videos of people I don't know that feature this dress.)

1. It's Vera Wang. (Of course it is. I have expensive taste with everything else--I don't know why I ever thought wedding dresses would be any different.)

2. It's from Spring 2010.

So, my options are finding it used or ordering it from any number of very shady websites out of China who claim they can tailor it to my body for $273.

I always thought people wanted Vera Wang dresses just because they're Vera Wang dresses dresses.

But that's not true!

They're amazing!


All other dresses now look radically inferior in comparison.

Fortunately, I had always thought I'd buy a used wedding dress. To me, it just makes sense. So now instead of paying $1,000 on a used designer dress, I just have to shell out about $3,000 more than that.

Not the best plan for the world's most frugal bride.

PS. I'm not featuring a photo of the dress on the slight chance that I may actually find it used. In my size. For a reasonable price.

It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment