Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bridal fitness


The good news: I joined a new gym.

The bad news: They believe me to be tremendously out of shape.

They had me come in for a "fitness assessment."

And it was like a bad middle school flashback.

Remember the tests in school where you had to do as many sit-ups as you could in a minute, stretch as far as you can to test flexibility, and do pull-ups (or in my case, desperately attempt to do ONE pull-up)?

Essentially the worst days of my teenage years.
I had to do that again the other day at my new gym.

I kicked ass on the cardio portion of the test, falling into the "excellent" category.

That's where the good news ended, unfortunately.

I rated average to poor in every other category.

If this was a sales tactic to get me to purchase personal training sessions (and I have to tell myself this very thing to get through the day), it worked.

My fitness rating was something like 14 out of 40. Ouch.

I have some work to do. Trying to bump it up to the mid 20s by my wedding day.
I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment: