Thursday, November 5, 2009

Public service announcement...

..about the new Michael Jackson movie.

On my last day of freedom, my mom and I went to see "This is It."



Purses filled with pumpkin beer and microwaved popcorn, we only hoped for an entertaining couple of hours.

That day may have seen the best $8 I've ever spent.

Incredible.

I wouldn't consider myself a die hard fan of MJ necessarily. I didn't cry when he died. I only own the greatest hits album, a surefire indicator of a so-so fan. I like the Thriller video, but who doesn't?

And thanks to a tremendous job by our own ruthless American media, I thought he was a strung out weirdo when he died.

If this movie accomplishes anything, it's teaching people that he was actually very lucid and energetic in his final days.

Rehearsing for what would have surely been the best concert experience that ever was, MJ rocked his signature dance moves in tow with his signature perfectionism, a rare quality for pop artists these days.

This says nothing of the amazing editing and organization on the part of the movie's producer. Just awesome.

I want to go again. Plus, I'm now the proud owner of just about the entire Michael Jackson catalog. It's all I've listened to for the last few days.

"Remember the Time" is the song playing at the moment.

To think of all the hours I wasted listening to anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment