Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pancake envy....

A new friend of mine trying to get me to visit him in Southern California.

Seemingly out of nowhere, I received something like this on my phone:


(photo is too big to fit on the blog, which I personally think is awesome)

The craziest thing is that he had no idea how nutso I am for pancakes.

NUTSO.

I love them. Even crappy pancakes I kind of love.

Even cold ones. Or boring ones. Or ones that are kind of raw and gooey in the middle.

Anyone who knows me knows that they could possibly be my favorite food ever (excluding quiche, of course.)

It's this place called The Griddle Cafe in Hollywood. So I checked out the menu, and it just so happens to be the most awesome pancake menu in the universe.

And though I hate admitting that LA does anything better than the Bay Area, I have yet to find this caliber of pancake rhetoric north of the central valley.

So in honor of my love for breakfast, and my new friend Eric for recognizing this even before I expose him to the off-putting display of gluttony associated with my pancake habit, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite things from their menu (the top two of which happen to be french toasts--I sense a new addiction coming on...)

Apple cobbler french toast (apple bread rolled in cinnamon crunch batter served with baked cinnamon apples.)

Creme de la creme (graham cracker crusted french toast drizzled with creamy cheesecake topping and powdered sugar)

The Golden Ticket ("Banana nana" pancakes filled with caramel, walnuts, and streusel.)


And two that are over the top but unequivocally deserve mention:

Chocolate chip cookie crusted french toast and crushed oreo-filled pancakes.


I don't like LA. Few things get me down there. But dreams of these pancakes might just be all I need to book a flight.

Just don't tell Eric.

2 comments:

  1. and if you come visit me, we'll go to Denver for these: pineapple upside down, Colorado peach ginger and carrrot cake (with cream cheese glaze and cinnamon butter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's this kind of shit that throws a gluten-free girl over the edge.

    ReplyDelete