Monday, September 7, 2009



Aside from my passion for PR and media, I also happen to be a foodie and a wino, afflictions that are worsening by the year.

I read wine blogs in the mornings when I have no intention of drinking wine.

I voraciously peruse recipe sites when I have no intention of cooking.

I read reviews of restaurants in cities I have little intention of visiting.

I love cooking for my friends and family, watching their faces as they enjoy something I knew they'd love.

I revel in requests from friends for particular recipes that I've made in the past.

And I fancy myself a bit of a turkey burger connoisseur. I eat a lot of them. Rarely do I follow a recipe. Rather, like with my salads, I include everything I can find in the kitchen, save for the kitchen sink, and they're usually pretty great.

Today is Labor Day. And there's no better day to test a new burger recipe.

This week, the Internet was abuzz with Oprah's favorite turkey burger, and "the best turkey burger in the entire world."

It's from Mar-a-Lago, a Donald Trump resort in Palm Beach.

While I don't normally use recipes for burgers, I am intrigued by this one for two reasons:

1. Oprah loves it.

2. It calls for some pretty unique ingredients, most of which I wouldn't typically include in my burgers. Among other things, these burgers include Granny Smith apples and Major Grey's chutney (a mango-based jelly.) They're also topped with pear chutney

As one reviewer put it, "Why hasn't there ever been a turkey burger that tastes like the day after Thanksgiving?"

I can't wait to try them. Hopefully, they'll join the ranks of my carrot cake, spaghetti squash, and gooey chocolate butter cookies as crowd favorites.

Not that I can take credit.

If it's good enough for the Donald and the Oprah, it's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment